Sheet Grinding & Polishing
Hill Acme Pinch Roll Grinding and Polishing Systems are designed for production line processing of all types of ferrous and non-ferrous sheets. Applications range from finishing stainless steel for architectural features to sizing titanium sheets for the aerospace industry.
Heavy welded-steel construction and dynamically-balanced rotating parts assure vibration-free, precision finishes. Normally, the minimum work length is 36". Single or multiple heads can be employed for one- or two-sided simultaneous processing.
- Exclusive belt centering and tracking to maintain belt position during operation
- Billy roll timer to avoid sheet to belt collisions providing consistent surface finish
- Automatic abrasive belt tensioning
- Automatic belt over-travel and breakage sensors
- Double pinch roll feed system to securely hold and feed sheets through the grinding head
- Reversing or non-reversing operation